The term farnesene encompasses a set of six related sesquiterpene compounds, of which α-farnesene (alpha-farnesene) is one. Sesquiterpenes have earned a reputation for calming effects on top of antibacterial properties, and α-farnesene is no exception when it comes to bringing a combination of possible health aids to your side.
Other sesquiterpenes you will find among our various strains, and which are examined in greater detail under their own Terpene Talk pages, are the following:
Where You Can Find α-Farnesene
When seeking out α-farnesene in nature, you will find them residing in these plants:
- Hop Oil
What α-Farnesene Smells and Tastes Like
The different aromas that can be generated from α-farnesene make it a good candidate for including in various hemp flower strains to add hints of:
Beneficial Properties Found in α-Farnesene
Another sesquiterpene that displays a variety of possible wellness attributes, some of which could prove helpful for certain conditions and situations, α-farnesene offers these wellness properties:
- Antibacterial – a perfect addition to any strain, since antibacterial properties work in the background to keep us in good condition
- Antifungal – works as a natural fungicide to defeat or treat mycosis from such diseases as athlete’s foot and ringworm
- Anti-Inflammatory – for those suffering from arthritis and other conditions involving swelling of tissues, this could provide much-desired relief
- Relieve Spasms – as part of its sedative powers, α-farnesene may help to relax tensed and aching muscles
- Sedative – α-farnesene appears to aid in relieving anxiety and alleviating stress thanks to its sedative properties
As with other terpenes included in our quality hemp flower strains, α-farnesene is a team player and helps other compounds, both terpenes and cannabinoids, perform and function at elevated levels.
Fern Valley Farms Flower Strains with α-Farnesene
If you want to experience the potential powers of α-farnesene directly, then here is where you can find which of our flower strains include it (and in what quantity) in their terpene profile. To make life easy and searching fun, we create this classy and helpful reference chart which lists those strains offering you a chance to experience α-farnesene yourself (listed in descending or by mg per gram):
- Bubba Kush Zoe – 4.22mg
- Hong Kong Diesel CBD Flower – 3.86mg (Pre-rolls available here)
- Sour Suver Haze CBD Flower – 2.14mg
- Super Sour Space Candy CBD Flower – 1.64mg
- G1 Bubba Kush CBD Flower – 1.45mg
- Bubba Kush X Remedy CBD Flower – 0.89mg
Want to learn about more terpenes? Visit our main Terpene Talk page, where you will find a list of individual Terpene Talks at the bottom of the page.