Another monoterpene, α-pinene (alpha-pinene) offers a colorless oil and is found in a variety of coniferous trees, most especially the pine tree from which it earned its own name. While much excitement is properly made of the potential for monoterpenes to fight cancer cell growth, this versatile terpene delivers much more in the way of major and minor wellness benefits.
Other monoterpenes you will find among our various strains, and which are examined in greater detail under their own Terpene Talk pages, are the following:
Where You Can Find α-Pinene
You will find that α-pinene appears in a variety of plants and coniferous trees, such as:
- Evergreen Trees
What α-Pinene Smells and Tastes Like
The predominant fragrance found in α-pinene is its piney (of course!) and earthy fragrance, but when interacting with other terpenes, other flavors and fragrances often include:
- Lime Peel
- Orange Peel
- Pine Nuts
- Pine Resin
Beneficial Properties Found in α-Pinene
As α-pinene is one of the most prevalent terpenes found in cannabis and hemp, it should come as no surprise that it offers an excellent array of positive effects. With continuing research into α-pinene and other beneficial terpenes, it is likely that even more wellness benefits will soon appear on the horizon. Meanwhile, the following beneficial properties are clearly related to the inclusion of α-pinene in your wellness regimen and may aid in the following conditions and situations:
- Anti-Inflammatory – multiple studies have shown α-pinene reducing inflamed areas, pointing to the possibility of treating inflammatory diseases
- Anti-Tumor – most monoterpenes have a reputation for their ability to battle cancer and α-pinene is no exception, showing remarkable progress in reducing tumors
- Antimicrobial – one study performed in 2012 showed α-pinene as an effective deterrent against a potentially harmful yeast fungus found in humans
- Anti-Depressant – many cannabis users claim that strains containing α-pinene are highly effective in lifting their moods
- Neurological Support – α-pinene is showing promise in treating multiple diseases involving mental deterioration, including Alzheimer’s disease, amnesia, and dementia
- Respiratory Support – asthma sufferers may find enhanced relief with the inclusion of α-pinene in their wellness program
In combination with this impressive list above, α-pinene works fabulously with the positive properties of other terpenes found in our hemp flower strains.
Fern Valley Farms Products with Pinene
Interested in learning how pinene might personally benefit you?
Since we strive to list the terpenes included in any product with terpenes, your best method for identifying products with pinene is to use our search feature. Just click the magnifying glass icon (on the top right of any page) and type in “pinene” to get a fast and accurate list of pages that include the word “pinene” somewhere on its page. Included in the search results are scads of products, so click those products most interesting to you and see how much pinene appears in them.
For an example of our search engine results, click the search term below (results open in a new tab)…
Want to learn about more terpenes? Visit our main Terpene Talk page, where you will find a list of individual Terpene Talks at the bottom of the page.