Terpinolene is part of the group of terpenes classified as monoterpenes; it is also the primary element of essential oils contained in citrus fruit peels. Monoterpenes remain popular due to their proven effectiveness against both early- and advanced-stage cancer.
Terpinolene itself offers multiple benefits to the human system beyond the treatment of major and life-threatening illnesses.
You may sometimes see references to δ-Terpinene (pronounced “Delta-terpinene”), as it is indeed one of the terpinene family members (along with α-Terpinene, β-Terpinene, and γ-Terpinene) but through popular and varied uses earned its alternate name of terpinolene.
Other monoterpenes you will find among our various strains, and which are examined in greater detail under their own Terpene Talk pages, are the following:
Where You Can Find Terpinolene
Terpinolene appears in an interesting mix of herbal plants and fruits, including:
- Tea Tree
What Terpinolene Smells and Tastes Like
Unlike many other terpenes, there is no particular fragrance dominating terpinolene but instead exudes a fresh flavor that delivers a combination of the following aromas:
Beneficial Properties Found in Terpinolene
Over time, more studies will certainly reveal additional wellness benefits associated with terpinolene; as with most terpenes, initial research shows great promise and, combined with anecdotal claims, indicates that terpinolene may aid in the following conditions and situations:
- Antibacterial – perhaps this property, in addition to its fresh fragrance, makes it a popular addition to soaps and cleansers
- Antifungal – its use as a fungicide can help defeat the appearance and growth of mycoses like athlete’s foot or ringworm, and may even be effective against meningitis
- Battle Cancer Cells – while still in early stages, researchers are already seeing exciting potential in its ability to inhibit cancer cell growth
- Heart Health – shows the potential to reduce the risk of heart disease, especially when used in tandem with other nutrients
- Pest Repellent – as if internal wellness benefits just aren’t enough, it seems that mosquitos and weevils are not fans of the fragrance and scoot away when they smell it
Keep in mind that terpinolene is just one of a variety of terpenes that appear in various Fern Valley Farms strains, so in all likelihood, you will also enjoy other beneficial effects from the combination of other terpenes included in any given strain.
Fern Valley Farms Products with Terpinolene
Interested in learning how terpinolene might personally benefit you?
Since we strive to list the terpenes included in any product with terpenes, your best method for identifying products with terpinolene is to use our search feature. Just click the magnifying glass icon (on the top right of any page) and type in “terpinolene” to get a fast and accurate list of pages that include the word “terpinolene” somewhere on its page. Included in the search results are scads of products, so click those most interesting to you and see how much terpinolene appears in those products.
For an example of our search engine results, click the search term below (results open in a new tab)…
Want to learn about more terpenes? Visit our main Terpene Talk page, where you will find a list of individual Terpene Talks at the bottom of the page.