trans-Caryophyllene (sometimes confused with Humulene, which is an isomer of β-caryophyllene) falls under the broad sesquiterpene umbrella of terpenes which are known to carry a variety of benefits including antibacterial, soothing, antimicrobial, and antioxidant properties. However, each terpene that fits into the sesquiterpene category develops its own unique profile of benefits, flavors, and fragrances, so it’s worth taking a closer look at trans-caryophyllene to learn how it may aid in your wellness efforts.
Other sesquiterpenes you will find among our various strains, and which are examined in greater detail under their own Terpene Talk pages, are the following:
Where You Can Find trans-Caryophyllene
When it comes to finding trans-caryophyllene, there are a variety of herbal plants and fruits in which it resides, including:
- Black Caraway
- Black Pepper
- Ylang Ylang
What trans-Caryophyllene Smells and Tastes Like
There are plenty of fragrances that benefit from the trans-caryophyllene terpene; in fact, that fresh, sharp smell that rises from cracked pepper has trans-caryophyllene wafting in the air. You will notice that most of the flavors and fragrances attributed to trans-caryophyllene are not at all subtle:
Beneficial Properties Found in trans-Caryophyllene
As with all terpenes currently under examination, more benefits are certain to be uncovered over time; meanwhile, no one can overlook or ignore the beneficial properties offered by trans-caryophyllene, including:
- Antibacterial – with larger populations and more crowded cities, managing rogue bacteria remains a constant challenge
- Anti-Inflammatory – dealing with swelling gets so much easier when trans-caryophyllene jumps into the game
- Antimicrobial – microbes seem to be everywhere, but when those tiny critters turn nasty, trans-caryophyllene may be just the treatment they don’t want
- Antioxidant – skin stays younger and skin remains less wrinkled when using antioxidants
- Anxiety Relief – a dash of relief from anxiety matters a lot, whether it is a chronic sufferer or those hit with infrequent anxiety attacks
- Cholesterol Reduction – any trick that can drop cholesterol levels is one you should know and use and trans-caryophyllene may be just the right trick
- Osteoporosis Prevention – osteoporosis is a condition where bones are weakened through a reduction of mass over time; trans-caryophyllene could be a valuable aid
- Seizure Management – although a rare situation for most people, those dealing with seizures are grateful for any relief they can find
If you are impressed by the list of possible benefits that trans-caryophyllene can deliver, you’re not alone. Also, remember that this terpene, used in tandem with other terpenes and valuable cannabinoids can do wonders for all kinds of conditions.
Fern Valley Farms Products with trans-Caryophyllene
Interested in learning how trans-caryophyllene might personally benefit you?
Since we strive to list the terpenes included in any product with terpenes, your best method for identifying products with caryophyllene is to use our search feature. Just click the magnifying glass icon (on the top right of any page) and type in “caryophyllene” to get a fast and accurate list of pages that include the word “caryophyllene” somewhere on its page. Included in the search results are scads of products, so click those most interesting to you and see how much caryophyllene appears in those products.
For an example of our search engine results, click the search term below (results open in a new tab)…
Want to learn about more terpenes? Visit our main Terpene Talk page, where you will find a list of individual Terpene Talks at the bottom of the page.