With the advent of Spring, not too many people want to dither about cooking in their kitchen. It takes time and generates heat. With Spring beckoning, we want to stay cool and get fresh air. So we conjured up three fast and cool infusion hacks to make cannabinoid-infused drinks quickly. Get ready to concoct the following cannabinoid-infused drinks: CBD or CBG Smoothie, Delta-8 Iced Tea, and THC-O Orange Juice!
They’re fast hacks because the cannabinoids you add require no preparation. And they’re cool hacks because you infuse the cannabinoid of your choice into cold drinks.
Even better, these hacks are portable! That means you can infuse your libations in no time flat and take them with you!
Best of all, we offer you hacks for our four most popular cannabinoids:
- CBD or CBDA
- CBG or CBGA
- Delta-8 THC
We know… that shining sun and fresh air is luring you outside. So let’s dive right into these three awesome and effective infusion hacks!
Fast and Cool Infusion Hacks #1: CBD or CBG Smoothie
Mixing our kief with smoothies is fast and easy. First, choose a kief strain from our broad selection.
If you want CBD or CBG, decarboxylate* your kief in advance. But many consumers are now raving over the CBDA or CBGA naturally contained in our raw kief.
It’s your call!
* Our blog post, Decarboxylation Demystified, explains this process in greater detail.
- Smoothie (flavor of your choice)
- 1 tsp. CBD (or CBG) Kief (strain of your choice)
- Scoop out your selected Fern Valley Farms Kief product.
- Stir thoroughly into your smoothie.
Our recommended measurement of 1 teaspoon of kief may seem modest but it delivers the goods quite well. For our calculations, we will assume you are using a kief strain with a 20% CBD potency.
Here is the calculation:
- One teaspoon equals about 0.58 gram of kief.
- With a 20% CBD potency, one gram of kief contains 200mg.
- Therefore, a teaspoon of kief contains about 116mg of CBD.
Of course, you can increase or decrease the amount of kief you add to match up to your desired dosage. The following table offers other standard measures you might add, with the potency each measure contains (assuming a 20% CBD potency in your kief):
- 1/4 teaspoon = 29mg of CBD
- 1/2 teaspoon = 58mg of CBD
- 1 tablespoon = 174mg of CBD
Fast and Cool Infusion Hacks #2: Delta-8 Iced Tea
There is nothing like a cool fresh iced tea to cool down on a warm day. Correction, there was nothing like a cool fresh iced tea until we decided to perk it up with a dash of Micronized Delta-8 THC!
And really, a dash is all you will need to supercharge your plain old iced tea!
- Iced Tea
- ⅛ tsp. Micronized Delta-8 THC
- Scoop out your Micronized Delta-8 THC.
- Stir thoroughly into your iced tea.
- You used ⅛ teaspoon of Micronized Delta 8 THC, which weighs 0.15 grams.
- Each gram contains 20.3% of Delta 8 THC (203mg); this means 0.15 grams contains 30.45mg (we’ll round it down to 30).
- Therefore, ⅛ teaspoon contains 30mg of Delta-8 THC.
Of course, you can increase or decrease the amount of Delta-8 THC you add to match up to your desired dosage. The following table offers other standard measures you might add with the potency each measure contains:
- ¼ teaspoon = 60mg of Delta-8 THC
- ½ teaspoon = 120mg of Delta-8 THC (brace yourself!)
- 1 teaspoon = 240mg of Delta-8 THC (fasten your seatbelt!)
Fast and Cool Infusion Hacks #3: THC-O Orange Juice
Perhaps one of the most popular breakfast drinks is orange juice. Especially when freshly squeezed, the vitamin C seems to burst with every swallow!
Always a healthy option for breakfast, now your orange juice can deliver more than vitamin C to your system!
- Orange Juice
- 0.1 ml THC-O Distillate
- Express the THC-O distillate from the syringe.
- Stir thoroughly into your orange juice.
- You used 0.1 ml of THC distillate.
- Each ml contains 69.62% of THC-O (about 700mg).
- Therefore, 0.1ml contains 70mg of THC-O.
Of course, you can increase or decrease the amount of THC-O you add to match up to your desired dosage. Each extra 0.1ml will add another 70mg of THC-O. We strongly recommend you start with 0.1ml; even with this seemingly small amount you should expect noticeable effects.
Three Fast and Cool Infusion Hacks – Three Potencies
As you can see, you don’t need to use much of our concentrated products (Micronized Delta-8 THC and THC-O distillate) to get potent results. Even our kief, as natural as it is, has a higher concentration than our hemp flower products. Plus, with its soft and floury consistency, it is great for mixing into thick or creamy drinks. Also, since kief doesn’t deliver psychotropic effects, it may be the most popular product for fast infusion recipes.
In summary, if you use the ingredients and measurements shown in our three recipes, you will get the following cannabinoids:
- CBD or CBG Smoothie – 116mg of CBD (assuming 20% potency in kief)
- Delta-8 Iced Tea – 30mg of Delta-8 THC
- THC-O Orange Juice – 70mg of THC-O
And there you have three fast and cool infusion hacks! Now make the cannabinoid-infused drink(s) of your choice and get outside. There you can soak up some of the sun’s rays while your body absorbs those marvelous cannabinoids!
ENTREPRENURIAL TIP! If you find making these fast and cool infusion hacks fun and popular, you can set up your own little shop of cannabinoid drinks. Check out FVF Wholesale to learn how to buy our amazing hemp products in bulk!