Cannabis tinctures may not be the traditional way to consume cannabis, but they can be a convenient and potent method to medicate. Tinctures have many benefits including their ease of use, inconspicuous nature, and fast-acting effects.
What are CBD Tinctures?.
CBD tinctures offer an array of usage benefits. Tinctures work quickly in the body. They are extremely concentrated, making it easy for several droplets to go right to work in the body. Tinctures are convenient, have a long shelf life, and are absorbed easily when taken under the tongue. Comparable to flowers or concentrates, tinctures produce no smoke or harsh smells. Tinctures can help ensure new users are getting an accurate dose. Here are a few tips to get you started on the right path with CBD tinctures.
Tips & Notes for Using Cannabis Tinctures
- Always buy lab-tested and properly labelled tinctures. Dropper bottles indicate cannabinoid content and dosage recommendations. Lab-testing ensures the product contains no toxins.
- If possible, choose whole-plant tinctures made from high-quality flower instead of trim. Whole-plant extracts contain more cannabinoids and terpenes that work together to amplify their therapeutic effects in a process known as the entourage effect.
- Tinctures come in a variety of cannabinoid ratios. Every cannabinoid produces unique effects. It takes trial and error to find the ideal ratio for your needs.
- Patients with gastrointestinal problems can use tinctures as an alternative to other edibles, since tinctures can be applied sublingually (under the tongue).
- A moderate dose (two to three drops) under the tongue can produce effects as soon as 15 minutes.
- For strong and immediate relief, apply a couple of drops of tincture under your tongue. Cannabinoids are absorbed directly into your bloodstream and receptors in your brain.
- If you apply tincture drops under your tongue, don’t immediately swallow it. Let the tincture absorb to your bloodstream for a minute.
- Tinctures can be incorporated into drinks or meals including morning smoothies and oils or butters for cooking.
- Keep cannabis tinctures in a dark and airtight bottle in a cool, dry, and dark place. Exposure to heat, light, and moisture can degrade the tincture quality. When stored properly, tinctures can last for many years.
Quality, Safety, and Consistency
- In accordance with our commitment to employing organic cultivation practices, every flower strain is cultivated without using any products containing pesticides, microbials, mycotoxins, heavy metals, or foreign matter. This policy also applies to any products derived from any of our hemp flower strains.
- Samples from every type of flower strain and other products are submitted to an independent and government-approved testing laboratory to provide you with a third-party analysis of the cannabinoid and terpene content
- We listen to customer feedback and make adjustments accordingly
- We love what we do and hold each other accountable making it easy to provide superior products