With the holiday season upon us, everyone seems to be getting busier than ever. So this month we are giving you a short and sweet recipe that is sure to be a hit for the grownups at any holiday celebration!
Learn how to throw together delicious candied pecans bursting with extra holiday spirits (courtesy of Micronized Delta 8 THC) in less than thirty minutes and with only three ingredients!
Pecans: Healthy and Delicious
Native to a limited area of the southern United States (mainly found in Georgia, New Mexico, and Texas) and northern Mexico, this region still produces almost half the pecans grown worldwide. We may be inclined to say they grow on pecan trees but they are really a species of hickory trees that happen to be native to the southern United States and northern Mexico.
Even though most people love pecans because of the buttery-sweet flavor of these soft nuts, they are really good for us to consume. To start with, raw pecans make doctors happy because they are cholesterol-free, low in carbs, and sodium-free.
But there is so much more to the humble pecan… first, let’s see what vitamins (along with some of their benefits) are found in raw pecans:
- Vitamin A – supports eye health, immunity, and bone health; can also fight acne
- Vitamin B6 – helps lift moods and reduce depression; promotes brain health
- Vitamin E – promotes eye health, prevents coronary disease, and lowers cancer risks
Next, check out the impressive list of nutrients found in raw pecans:
- Calcium – builds and maintains bone strength; protects against cancer and diabetes
- Folate – critical for red blood cell formation; aids in cell growth and function
- Iron – regulates body temperature; supports gastrointestinal processes
- Thiamine – helps metabolize glucose; converts carbohydrates to energy
- Magnesium – supports nerve and muscle functions along with the immune system
- Manganese – essential for normal brain function; helps metabolize fats and carbs
- Niacin – supports digestive and nervous system; keeps skin healthy
- Phosphorus – makes DNA and RNA; helps manage energy storage and usage
- Potassium – regulates fluid balance, muscle contraction, and nerve signals
- Riboflavin – converts carbs, fats, and proteins into energy; supports oxygen usage
- Zinc – reduce age-related diseases; cuts heal faster; fights acne
A one-ounce (about ¼ cup) serving of pecans contains:
- Calories – 196
- Carbohydrates – 4 grams
- Fat – 20 grams
- Fiber – 3 grams
- Protein – 3 grams
- Sugar – 1 gram
If you are keeping your eye on calorie intake, you probably want to limit your pecan pleasures to an ounce or less per day. The fats shown above are mainly monounsaturated, the healthier fat that can reduce LDL cholesterol levels. Finally, pecans score very low on the glycemic index, meaning diabetics can enjoy this healthy snack without concerns over blood sugar spikes.
Your best bet is to stick with raw pecans; often manufacturers add unhealthy oils and preservatives when packaging them. If you want to “fancify” your pecans, get them raw and do it on your own!
By the way, pecans are not really nuts; they are considered drupes, a member of the family of trees that produce fleshy fruits surrounding a pit, inside which is a seed. Drupes we regularly consider fruits include cherries, olives, peaches, and plums, but pecans, almonds, and walnuts are also drupes with the difference that we eat the seed inside the pit, not the fruit surrounding it!
Okay, we now have a pretty healthy picture of the pecan, so let’s sweeten them up and add some Delta 8 potency to them!
Making Delta 8 Candied Pecans
Quick, easy, and simple… just what is called for as busy end-of-year activities ramp up. Now you can not only be the life of the party but you can bring the liveliest party snacks with these awesome Delta 8 Candied Pecans. With three ingredients tossed together (more if you want to spice it up some) and less than 15 minutes in the oven, this may be the ultimate in healthy and happy fast food!
- 1 cup (approx. 4 oz.) of raw pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon Micronized Delta 8 THC
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Gently toss the pecans with the maple syrup until they are evenly coated.
- The Micronized Delta 8 THC is a fine powder, so gently tilt your measuring spoon and tap the edge until about ⅓ of the powder falls out like a gentle snowfall. Carefully mix into the syrupy pecans until fully absorbed. Repeat twice again or until all of the powder has been stirred in.
- Spread out the pecans on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and place them in the middle oven rack.
- After 10 minutes, turn or toss the pecans. Remove after 14 minutes but make sure the pecans are toasty. If not, return for another minute or two.
- Cool on a wire rack. Separate any pecans stuck together and store them in a closed jar. Alternatively, leave them out in an open bowl and watch them magically disappear!
Another reason why pecans are so popular is they complement many other flavors so well. This makes it tempting to fancify your candied pecans with something more than a dose of Micronized Delta 8 THC (which definitely helps set the party mood). Here is just a handful of additions you may want to consider to personalize your Delta 8 Candied Pecans (do not hesitate to mix and match any of the below items or add your own clever and creative touch):
- Black Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Curry Powder
- Five-Spice Powder
- Garlic Salt
Estimating Candied Pecan Potency
Finally, we should get an idea as to what to expect from these Delta 8-fortified candied pecans!
We will keep it short and simple, just like the ingredients and directions.
- You used ¼ teaspoon of Micronized Delta 8 THC, which weighs 0.3 grams.
- Each gram contains 20.3% of Delta 8 THC or 203mg; this means 0.3 grams contains 60.9mg (we’ll round it down to 60).
- There are usually about 40 pecan halves in one cup.
- This means each pecan half is holding about 1.5mg of Micronized Delta 8 THC.
Please carefully read the product description for our Micronized Delta 8 THC. Despite a seemingly normal potency measure of 20.3%, this micronized powder allows more Delta 8 THC to be absorbed into your system faster than when consuming regular Delta 8 THC, often 5 to 10 times as much. Consequently, 1.5mg of Micronized Delta 8 THC may affect you as much as 7.5mg to 15 mg of regular Delta 8 THC… and you will feel the effects faster than usual edible products.
Therefore, a little Micronized Delta 8 THC goes a very far way quite swiftly!
We recommend you eat just one pecan half and wait 10 to 20 minutes before consuming more.
Boosting Your Delta 8 Candied Pecans
We happen to have a blog post that explains how you can infuse cannabinoids into maple syrup, so for you adventurous types, consider adding CBD or CBG to the maple syrup used in this recipe.
Finally, do not overlook our Delta 8 Distillate which is also ideal for baking. With its high potency (80.9% Delta 8 THC!), a small squeeze from the syringe can further boost your candied pecans with even more Delta 8 THC! For instance, a mere 0.10mg from your Delta 8 Distillate syringe would deliver an extra 80mg of Delta 8 THC to this recipe and would jump the strength of each pecan half from 1.5mg to 3.5mg.
Once more, we recommend you start simple, low, and slow by sticking with the original recipe directions for your first batch. Once you see how effective your Delta 8 Candied Pecans are you can better decide if you want to increase their potency and, if so, by how much.
This recipe requires minimal ingredients and takes under 30 minutes to prepare. With the benefits you enjoy from the addition of Delta 8 THC, this could be the perfect sweet treat and quick fix rolled into one that helps you slow down and enjoy life again!